Eliminate attendance requirement to students admitted under crash course
This petition had 535 supporters
As we all are aware that around December 2016 VTU came up with a new scheme which was named as Crash course . According to this scheme the students who had an year back can continue their studies by going through a 7 week course .The university expects the students to complete the entire syllabus which is vast that even regular students couldn't complete their syllabus in a time duration of just 7 weeks.
LOOP HOLE IN THIS SCHEME
The university never bothered to check if their affiliated colleges conduct proper classes to those students .
- The colleges never conducted classes .
- The colleges demanded irrelevant fees .
- The student had to pay the complete fees for the whole year for which he/she has not at all attended .
Problems faced by students
- Finds hard to complete the vast syllabus without any guidance
Faults of the university
- Didn't clarify when the exams will be conducted.
- Didn't announce the results of such students in proper time .
- Didn't issue proper guidelines to guide the students whether they can attend the regular classes
- The colleges didn't permit such students to attend the classes as they were not eligible to attend the classes.
Problems which students are going to face in future
- Need to pay huge amount for attendance shortage
- Need to take up previous semester exams 5th/7th continuously without any break .
- Have to take up lab externals without any practical knowledge.
So till now i hope i had made it clear . To prove my point of view right please refer to the link Crash course circulars
My concern is how can a student write 3 exams continuously without any time for preparation . When the student will be taking up the 6th / 8th semester exams the colleges will detain those students for shortage of attendance. Please avoid collecting fine for shortage of attendance . Please look from a student point of view and try to understand the problem faced by the student . Please look forward and modify the http://vtu.ac.in/pdf/exam/crashcoursett.pdf by giving at least 1 or 2 days off between 2 subjects.
Today: Abhijeet is counting on you
Abhijeet Kumar needs your help with “VTU vice chancellor Karisiddappa: Eliminate attendance requirement to students admitted under crash course”. Join Abhijeet and 534 supporters today.