Curbside Recycling for Brownsville
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
We will strive to serve solutions to:
- There is currently no curbside recycling service provided in Brownsville and over 50% of residents are more than 2 miles away from a drop-off location.
- Lack of a comprehensive environmental data collection, monitoring, and distribution system.
- Underutilized and environmentally mismanaged Resaca Systems.
- Low Satisfaction with Existing Recycling Program and Low Recycling Rates.
- Of 225+ citizens of Brownsville that were surveyed, over 60% responded that they were either “Unsatisfied” or “Very Unsatisfied” with the current recycling program.
- The current recycling rate in Brownsville is estimated to be
less than 1% of the City’s total solid waste.
- Higher than National Average Waste Production Rates.
- Brownsville currently has higher than average waste production rates.
- Littered Public Thoroughfares and Poor City Image. / Half of the Brownsville residents surveyed have a "poor" or "very poor" City
- Brownsville is also blemished by illegal dumpsites.
*Provided by The City of Brownsville : https://cob.us/DocumentCenter/View/1065
Today: VISO/VATION is counting on you
VISO/VATION needs your help with “VISO/VATION: Curbside Recycling for Brownsville”. Join VISO/VATION and 48 supporters today.