Approve Chesapeake Regional Healthcare's COPN Request
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!
Chesapeake Regional Healthcare plans to bring fully comprehensive cardiovascular services to our medical center with the addition of a state-of-the-art hybrid cardiovascular operating room.
We already offer cardiac services through our excellent catheterization lab, so this is the logical next step to provide a comprehensive program to our community. First, we need state approval. We greatly appreciate your support and help in spreading the word about our new program.
1. Heart disease is the #1 cause of death in the City of Chesapeake and in multiple surrounding cities that we serve.
2. Heart disease in Hampton Roads is widespread. The death rate far exceeds state and national averages. Existing programs aren’t helping to reduce the problem of the ever-increasing number of patients suffering from heart disease, and our program would help offer more services to those patients who need it most.
3. We currently transport about 150 patients each year to other hospitals for cardiac surgery. Most of these patients need urgent or emergent care, but because of a shortage of beds at other hospitals with open-heart programs, they experience long hospital stays as they wait for their surgery. This increases their risk of complications and drives up their cost of care.
4. Our patients are typically 30-45 minutes away from a hospital with an open-heart program. The extended travel and wait times can be deadly.
5. The existing cardiac programs are already maxed-out with patients, and the future doesn’t look any brighter. Our population is projected to grow at a rate of 4-5%, and in Chesapeake alone, the population most likely to use cardiac surgery services is expected to grow almost 9.5% in the next five years.
The heart of the matter is this: Heart disease is on the rise, rampant in Hampton Roads and our existing programs are overwhelmed. We need another option, and what better option than your already award-winning, community hospital?
Our heart beats for you, the community that built us. Help us build a program that keeps your heart beating.
Today: Chesapeake Regional Healthcare is counting on you
Chesapeake Regional Healthcare needs your help with “Virginia : Approve Chesapeake Regional Healthcare's COPN Request”. Join Chesapeake Regional Healthcare and 932 supporters today.