Support Waunakee Growth
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
Introduction: T. Wall Enterprises, LLC
T. Wall Enterprises, LLC is a high-end, multi-family residential developer located in Middleton, Wisconsin. Terrence Wall, the President, has been developing since 1989 and has developed 45 office buildings totaling nearly 3 million square feet in addition to over 1,500 market rate multi-family residential units in multiple communities.
T. Wall Enterprises is a leader in environmentally sustainable development, and the only developer to win the Governor’s Award on Energy Efficiency and also the Friend of the Environment Award.
Proposed Waunakee Main Street Housing:
- The proposed housing would include approximately 50 to 60 condo-quality units in each of three phases opening between 2019 to 2025.
- The buildings would also contain 1,000 square feet of commercial space.
- On West, Second and Fish streets the multi-family units would be designed with individual private entrances providing a better pedestrian experience and street connectivity. In addition, the facades will resemble the existing neighboring single-family houses and the entries will include raised front porches.
- In addition, there will be quality landscaping along the buildings and sidewalks, which may include flowers, shrubs, and prairie grasses.
Quality Building Construction:
- All of T. Wall’s housing communities utilize only the highest quality sustainable construction materials, such as brick, stone and hardiplank, to ensure longevity, quality, and environmental sustainability.
Quality Unit Interiors:
- The building and unit interiors include energy efficient Energy Star rated appliances, sustainable plumbing fixtures and motion-sensor LED lighting. Each individual unit has its own washer and dryer, luxury vinyl plank flooring, stainless steel appliances, solid surface counters, kitchen faucet with sprayer, granite or solid surface kitchen islands, and standalone heating and cooling system with electronic 7-day programmable thermostats.
- Heated underground parking, heated and secured bike storage, community room, club room, pool, fire pit, grilling area, elegantly landscaped courtyard, dog waste stations, and an exercise facility, in addition to on-site property management and maintenance in our larger communities.
Need for Multi-Family Housing in Waunakee:
- A housing conditions study was requested by the Waunakee Village Board on May 15, 2017 and was performed by the Capital Area Regional Planning Commission (CARPC). CARPC representatives presented their study findings at a Village of Waunakee Planning Commission meeting on December 11, 2017, noting the following:
- The vacancy rates in Waunakee, at just 1.5%, are on the very low end of those in Dane County, which are at 3.15%.
- In the past 20 years the population of Waunakee has doubled and multi-family development has not kept pace with single-family housing nor with other neighboring communities that are also growing.
- Multi-family, as a percentage of total housing units in Waunakee, has decreased significantly since 2000.
- Current multi-family developments in Waunakee total 794 and of those, 380 are senior housing. Waunakee has a larger percentage of residents between 35-59 than Dane County as a whole.
- Based on this information, Waunakee is losing the opportunity to expand its resident base and is failing to meet the needs of those who can’t afford a single-family home but who work in Waunakee, in particular in its industrial park. This lack of housing availability in both variety and price range is failing to support existing and future business and economic growth. The lagging of growth in multi-family housing is forcing individuals to find housing in other communities to live in. Those who work in Waunakee should be afforded the opportunity to live in Waunakee also, supporting local business and the local economy with dollars earned in Waunakee.
Land Use and Property Values:
- The proposed development reflects goals set forth within the Village of Waunakee’s Comprehensive Plan and helps the Village of Waunakee achieve many of those stated goals. The existing properties are not reflective of the Village’s comprehensive plan, nor do they reflect the most appropriate use for the Main Street site.
- As an experienced multi-family developer, T. Wall Enterprises has found that in all of the locations in which we have developed quality housing, adjacent property values have increased, benefitting adjacent property owners.
- T. Wall Enterprises, LLC maintains its own professional in-house operations and leasing team. Our team performs background checks and historical rental record checks on all new residents and strictly enforces the rules.
- Resident Demographic: we have a diversified resident base of young professionals, married couples, empty nesters, divorcees, retirees, and senior empty nesters who simply no longer desire the responsibility of maintaining their own property. The age range is typically from 18 to 35 and from 36 to mid-60’s. These individuals carry quality jobs and are quality community members.
- As a long term, community focused multi-family developer, T. Wall Enterprises is excited to be considering a new housing community in the Village of Waunakee, and we greatly appreciate your support. If you could kindly sign and share our petition, you will be supporting more affordable housing for hard working people looking to live in Waunakee.
Main Street Waunakee, LLC
By: T. Wall Enterprises Manager, LLC, Its Manager
Terrence R. Wall, President
Today: Main Street Waunakee LLC is counting on you
Main Street Waunakee LLC needs your help with “Village of Waunakee Planning Department: Support Waunakee Growth”. Join Main Street Waunakee LLC and 34 supporters today.