Protect Christie Point
This petition had 630 supporters
Toronto-based Realstar Management has submitted a rezoning application to View Royal Town Council. Realstar intends to redevelop Christie Point Apartments into a 473-unit, 4-6 storey apartment complex from the current 161-unit, 2-storey apartments and townhouses.
What does this mean to residents of View Royal, Esquimalt and Saanich?
Amongst other considerations, it means:
- Potential mass displacement of residents currently living in 161 Christie Point units.
- Negative impacts on the environmentally sensitive and protected land, waters and wildlife of Portage Inlet estuary.
- Increased traffic congestion around the Admirals Road and Craigflower Road intersection, the Shoreline Road and Island Highway intersection, as well as alongside Shoreline Middle School.
- Construction of several high-density, 6-storey buildings that exceed Mixed Residential low-rise zoning bylaws, and are in contravention of the View Royal Official Community Plan (OCP).
- Development of building style, visual character and scale that is not in sync with existing structures in neighbouring residential areas.
For these reasons, I/we, the undersigned, am/are in opposition to the rezoning of Christie Point Apartments and the amendment of View Royal’s Official Community Plan as they relate to Realstar’s rezoning application and proposed redevelopment.
Today: Christie Point is counting on you
Christie Point Advocates needs your help with “View Royal Mayor David Screech: Protect Christie Point”. Join Christie Point and 629 supporters today.