Verdun South Australia Interchange Upgrade
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
Requesting an upgrade to the Verdun interchange to allow traffic to enter the freeway to travel in an easterly direction towards Mount Barker, and an exit from the Mount Barker side connecting to the exit ramp leading to Verdun/Hahndorf.
Adelaide Hills drivers need a new on/off ramp at Hahndorf
- Population increase in Mount Barker, Littlehampton and Nairne has resulted in significantly more traffic from the Verdun area, South-East of Bridgewater, all of which will only get denser as new housing develops and new communities evolve
- Many trucks and commercial vehicles use the Verdun / Hahndorf freeway entrance exit daily
- Increased traffic flow towards the Littlehampton entrance/exit creates increased pressure on the intersection.
- Main street of Hahndorf is narrow and not suited to heavy vehicles, many of which have to use to head east
- Alternative routes for heavier vehicles are longer, time-consuming and slow down traffic in general
- Hahndorf is a major tourist destination and should have its own exit away from the city
- Better access to and from the freeway in the event of an emergency such as a bushfire - ambulance, police, fire, SES
Action needs to occur now rather than in years to come, when traffic will be significantly heavier.
- If possible, acquire land beside freeway on the city-ward side of Hahndorf (i.e. other side of freeway from Hahndorf). Build new off ramp from the freeway heading towards Adelaide might go left under the existing on ramp and under the freeway near the roundabout just outside Hahndorf, to access the town or the Verdun Junction and the Onkaparinga Scenic Drive directly off the freeway.
- If possible, acquire a piece of the land at the junction of the freeway on-ramp (A34), coming from the big roundabout outside of Hahndorf and create a new on-ramp, branching LEFT from the existing on-ramp, heading east towards Mount Barker. The green sign at the roundabout would show Adelaide (Right arrow) and Mount Barker (Left arrow).
From Jon Cocks and Martin Winters
Today: Martin is counting on you
Martin Winters needs your help with “Verdun South Australia Interchange Upgrade”. Join Martin and 427 supporters today.