Allow community involvement and transparency in the UTSA Presidential Search!!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
We are calling on the UTSA Presidential Search Committee to select candidates that:
- Understand the city, county, and university’s demographics,
- Can hit the ground running with respect to recruiting and promoting underrepresented faculty
- Committed to creating pathways of leadership for underrepresented administrators at UTSA
- Is prepared to include Latina/o representation at all levels and not overlook its primary constituents or lock out the perspectives of those who have helped bring this university to where it is today
- Is from outside the university, who can bring a fresh set of eyes to addressing the university’s challenges
- Has experience with a multicampus university
We insist upon transparency in the search process and that final candidates are required to address the community to allow:
- Latina/o students, faculty, staff, and community to have representation in the search process which make up the majority population of the university, the city, the county, and the region.
- Students (who fill classes and pay fees, and alumni who are asked to contribute to the university’s development needs) to have a voice in the process
- Faculty and staff (who remain committed to improving retention and graduation rates) to have the opportunity to question or provide feedback on the finalists
- Those who will be most impacted by the decisions of whoever becomes the next president of UTSA to be part of the selection process.
Today: Alix is counting on you
Alix Rowe needs your help with “UTSA Presidential Search Committee and Chair Steven Leslie: Allow community involvement and transparency in the UTSA Presidential Search”. Join Alix and 132 supporters today.