US District Attorneys: Prosecute Barack Obama for War Crimes
This petition had 1 supporter
President Barack Hussein Obama should be arrested for violating Articles 23 and 25 of the Hague Conventions IV of 1907 and common Article 2 of the international conventions done at Geneva August 12, 1949, which are codified under the War Crimes Act of 1996 (18 U.S. Code § 2441), by carrying out drone strikes on Abdulrahman al-Awlaki, Mamana Bibi, Giovanni Lo Porto, Warren Weinstein, and others. Under section (c)(2) of the War Crimes Act, any conduct considered “prohibited by Article 23, 25, 27, or 28 of the Annex to the Hague Convention IV, Respecting the Laws and Customs of War on Land, signed 18 October 1907” or “which constitutes a grave breach of common Article 3 (as defined in subsection (d)) when committed in the context of and in association with an armed conflict not of an international character” is considered a war crime. These war crimes a punishable at the discretion of the court by imprisonment for “life or any term of years, or both, and if death results to the victim, shall be subject to the penalty of death,” as written under section (a).
Specifically, there is substantial evidence to establish probable cause and the basis for a criminal prosecution against Mr. Obama for the following:
1. Violating Art. 23 of Hague IV (“it is especially forbidden… To declare abolished, suspended, or inadmissible in a court of law the rights and actions of the nationals of the hostile party”) by killing Abdulrahman al-Awlaki and Mamana Bibi without providing evidence of either militancy or criminality and without any form of due process whatsoever.
2. Violating Art. 25 of Hague IV (“The attack or bombardment, by whatever means, of towns, villages, dwellings, or buildings which are undefended is prohibited”) by bombing Abdulrahman al-Awlaki, Giovanni Lo Porto, and Warren Weinstein, all of whom were in undefended buildings.
3. Violating Art. 3 of the Geneva Conventions as defined by 18 U.S. Code § 2441 (d)(1)(b) (“Cruel or Inhuman Treatment - The act of a person who commits, or conspires or or attempts to commit, an act intended to inflict severe or serious… mental pain or suffering… upon another within his custody or control”) by keeping people, especially in northern Pakistan, n perpetual fear of death leading to severe mental suffering through the constant presence of drones and the threat of drone strikes.
4. Violating Art. 3 of the Geneva Conventions as defined by 18 U.S. Code § 2441 (d)(1)(d) (“Murder - The act of a person who intentionally kills… or kills whether intentionally or unintentionally in the couse of committing any other offense under this subsection, one or more persons taking no active part in the hostilities) by intentionally killing Abdulrahman al-Awlaki and Mamana Bibi, by inadvertently killing Giovanni Lo Porto and Warren Weinstein during an attack on an undefended building, and by inadvertently killing eight bystanders during the murder of Abdulrahman al-Awlaki.
5. Violating Art. 3 of the Geneva Conventions as defined by 18 U.S. Code § 2441 (d)(1)(e) (Mutilation or Maiming - The act of a person who… injures whether intentionally or unintentionally in the course of committing any other offense under this subsection, one or more persons taking no active part in the hostilities) by inadvertently injuring the grandchildren of Mamana Bibi during her murder.
The evidence for these charges against Mr. Obama is overwhelming and in the public record. It has been covered by journalists, human rights organizations, and politicians for years. More evidence will likely be able to be found in discovery. Furthermore, there is also substantial evidence that Mr. Obama violated Hague IV and common Article 3 of the Geneva Conventions through actions in Libya.
In summary, Mr. Obama should be arrested for violations of subsection (c) of the War Crimes Act of 1996 for numerous violations of Hague IV and common Article 3 of the Geneva Conventions in Yemen, Pakistan, and elsewhere.
Today: War is counting on you
War CrimesProject needs your help with “US District Attorneys: US District Attorneys: Prosecute Barack Obama for War Crimes”. Join War and 0 supporters today.