White House and Congress Must Obey Constitution; People Must be Consulted before war is chosen!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!
The chances of war on the Korean peninsula are greater today than at any time since the armistice was signed in 1953. Should a new war break out there, it would be orders of magnitude more violent, bloody, and destructive than anything we've experienced since 9/11 – and the cost to US troops could be horrific.
Before another American service member is asked to die in an overseas war, we ask you to sign this petition indicating you agree the people in America have authority over the government and that before any decision for war is made, the people must be consulted, the Constitution must be honored, and Congress must debate the matter.
- We, the people of the United States, make known our will that before any order for military action against North Korea is given which could commit the United States to war, the Congress must first debate the matter and approve.
- The lives of our service members are far too precious to risk in a war that the American people do not agree is necessary and may not support.
- Diplomatic means of dealing with the threat from North Korea have yet to be exhausted. There is still hope for an effective non-military solution. If the president has tried every non-lethal means to keep America safe and believes military action is the last option remaining, then let him publicly make his case.
- The Constitution is unequivocal: the President does have the authority to respond to an attack on the United States with all the force at his command, but only the Congress has the authority to authorize a war of choice.
- We, the people, insist on a return to the constitutional exercise of the war powers and demand a voice in the decision as to whether the US should go to war.
The stakes for the entire country of a war that could turn nuclear are too great to be left to the preferences of a single person. We urge you to take up your responsibility as a US citizen and make your voice heard by signing this petition.
For more information, see our website at: Strength Thru Peace
With great respect,
Daniel L. Davis, Lt. Col. US Army, ret
Today: Daniel is counting on you
Daniel Davis needs your help with “US Congress: Insist White House and Congress obey Constitution and Debate sit in NK before War comes”. Join Daniel and 596 supporters today.