Compost Service at UT
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
Promote Compost service throughout UT, especially dining halls. Recycling is great, but to complete the green cycle, compost should be taken in consideration. Some reasons to compost:
1. Composting reduces landfill waste and incineration, and therefore emissions.
2. Composting reduces dependence on fossil fuels.
3. Composting is good for the land.
4. Composting Helps You to Embrace the Natural Cycle of Life and Decay.
5. You Can Compost Anything that has Lived or Grown Recently
6. Composting Saves Money on Garbage Removal
7. Composting Conserves Water
8. Composting is Simple
Currently the Zero Waste initiative was proposed in UT but we need enforcement of this. The city of Austin has the Curbside Composting Collection Program which is currently active on the subject, providing an alternative and solution to this just looking for sponsorship of the service. Few other alternatives in Austin include: Compost Pedallers, Break It Down Austin, Joe's Organics among others.
Today: Jose is counting on you
Jose Montemayor needs your help with “University of Texas at Austin: Compost Service at UT”. Join Jose and 95 supporters today.