NO CUT-BACKS FOR UMASS EMPLOYEES!
This petition had 83 supporters
We Massachusetts taxpayers and supporters of public higher education find the UMass Administration’s contract proposals to be deeply disturbing. Management representatives have proposed cut-backs and policy changes that will take our public campuses back twenty-five years. For example:
- --weakening over-time provisions for classified staff
- --eliminating compensatory time for professional staff
- --eliminating compensation for many staff who are required to be on-call
- --limiting staff, faculty and librarians’ access to family medical leaves and to our Sick Leave Banks
- --eliminating the Salary Administration Program which provides for pay equity among professional staff
- --eliminating contract language that encourages consideration of current employees for promotional opportunities
- --reducing vacation and sick leave benefits for new employees
These and similar proposals show a profound disrespect for employees’ skills and dedication to UMass, as well as a surprising disregard for workers’ families and lives outside of work.
President Caret, Chancellors, and members of the Board of Trustees: We urge you to instruct your representatives to withdraw all such punitive proposals, and instead to engage constructively with union proposals advanced in the spirit of building a stronger institution better able to serve our students and our community.
Today: Coalition to Save UMB: a Coalition of students, staff unions and faculty at UMass Boston is counting on you
Coalition to Save UMB: a Coalition of students, staff unions and faculty at UMass Boston needs your help with “University of Massachusetts President Caret, Chancellors, and members of the Board of Trustees: NO CUT-BACKS FOR UMASS EMPLOYEES!”. Join Coalition to Save UMB: a Coalition of students, staff unions and faculty at UMass Boston and 82 supporters today.