Increase Mental Health Support at the University of Edinburgh
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
Universities around the UK are facing a mental health crisis. Demand for student support services are not being met. Students the University of Edinburgh are facing long wait times for counseling and student satisfaction is low. Many of us have dealt with mental illness and felt unsupported by the University. This needs to change!
We are calling on the University to:
- Devote more resources to the Counseling Service (who do amazing work!)
- Follow through with their commitment to train all personal tutors in Mental Health First Aid by the 2018 School year
- Be actively open and accountable about their spending on student welfare and the progress they are making on the Student Mental Health Strategy
- Explore other forms of mental health support for students that takes into account the diverse experiences of the student body
- Liase with students to create an environment where our mental health needs are truly supported
Today: Amnesty International Society is counting on you
Amnesty International Society Edinburgh University needs your help with “University of Edinburgh: Increase Mental Health Support at the University of Edinburgh”. Join Amnesty International Society and 209 supporters today.