UBC : Optional Credit/D/Fail or Extended Add/Drop Date
This petition made change with 2,014 supporters!
Unprecedented changes have happened in the wake of COVID-19. From lectures being moved online, self-isolation and sometimes quarantines being imposed, and no support from the Centre for Accessibility for students for the upcoming final exam season, these could not be worse conditions to study in. Not taken into account is the major stress and anxiety from the COVID crisis as well as other issues, such as familial layoffs. It's evident that student grades will suffer - as a student, I've heard students discuss inability to pay attention in lectures and trouble studying. UBC must act to provide equitable relief to UBC students.
UBC must give the option to its student to either:
a) Change some/all of their courses to Cr/D/F. or;
b) Extending the add/drop date so students can reassess their course load and their abilities to complete the course.
These are extraordinary times, and UBC must implement extraordinary measures to preserve student mental health.
More universities have also extended the Withdraw deadline, along with other options:
- UAlberta: https://www.ualberta.ca/extension/information/for-students/forms/cancel-registration
- McMaster DeGroote: https://www.degroote.mcmaster.ca/student-news/last-day-to-withdraw-deadline-extended-to-friday-march-20/
- Kwantlen: https://www.kpu.ca/registration/dates
- UofT: https://www.artsci.utoronto.ca/covid19-artsci-student-faqs
- Duke https://trinity.duke.edu/last-day-withdraw-w-spring-2020-classes-undergraduates-only-deadline-extended-due-covid-19-response
- Stanford: https://registrar.stanford.edu/late-withdrawchange-grading-basis
- UColorado Boulder https://www.colorado.edu/today/2020/03/18/deadline-extended-last-day-drop-class
I do believe during these hard and unexpected times, this should at least be an option for students that are struggling because frankly, no one knows what someone else is going through and during this global crisis, UBC needs to help and accomodate its students.
DO THE RIGHT THING UBC!
Today: Sina is counting on you
Sina Younesi needs your help with “university of british-columbia: UBC : Optional Credit/D/Fail or Extended Add/Drop Date”. Join Sina and 2,013 supporters today.