Investigate American Specialty Health Insurance On Behalf of the Acupuncture Field
This petition had 1,250 supporters
We the undersigned hereby petition the Department of Managed Health Care and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to review American Specialty Health Insurance (Ashlink).
- Under California's insurance exchange plan, acupuncture is included as an essential health benefit. Many insurance companies allow access to acupuncture but Acupuncturist who are qualified and licensed are unable to sign a contract directly with several insurance companies. Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of California for example requires Acupuncturist to sign up with Ashlink to take any Anthem patient.
- Ashlink’s compensation for Acupuncture is significantly below cost of treatment. Ashlink’s patient care policy is inadequate. The limited amount of patient care is below basic quality patient care.
- Ashlink will not compensate for the basic treatment. Acupuncturist are not compensated for Exams and Evaluation but they are required to do an Exam and Evaluation for their medical reviews.
- In addition, Acupuncturist are not compensated for electrical stimulation acupuncture, infrared, moxa, massage, cupping, and manual therapy.
- Patients have a limited number of treatments before a medical review must be done to allow further treatment.
- Ashlink has interfered with timely payment to acupuncturists with companies not contracted with them in an effort to gain business from that said insurance company.
- Ashlink continues to gain more contracts across the U.S. thereby monopolizing acupuncture access in the insurance network while further exploiting acupuncturist with compensation below the basic cost of delivering care.
- For these reasons and more we hereby petition you to investigate this company.
Today: Acupuncture Advocacy Group is counting on you
Acupuncture Advocacy Group needs your help with “United States Department of Health and Human Services: Investigate American Specialty Health Insurance On Behalf of the Acupuncture Field”. Join Acupuncture Advocacy Group and 1,249 supporters today.