United States Congress, Senate and President: Americans United Congressional Reform Act of 2012
This petition had 110 supporters
1. Anytime there is a deficit of more than 3% of GDP, all sitting members of Congress are ineligible for re-election.
2. No Tenure/No Pension. A Congressman/woman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they're out of office.
3. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security. All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately.
4. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people. It may not be used for any other purpose. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.
5. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
6. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.
7. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.
All contracts with past and present Congressmen/women are void effective 12/1/12. The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen/women. Congress made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s), then go home and back to work.
* I take no credit for any of these ideas. I just pulled them off something circulating across social channels and copied them into a petition.
Today: Kel is counting on you
Kel Kelly needs your help with “United States Congress, Senate and President: Americans United Congressional Reform Act of 2012”. Join Kel and 109 supporters today.