Reform Congress' member pension rights, voting responsibilities
This petition had 62 supporters
As United States citizens, we are outraged by Congress' collective failure to represent voters' wishes and act in the best interest of US citizens in addressing the debt ceiling crisis of July 2012, the fiscal cliff issue of December 2012, and to find a way to work together to enact changes to the federal health care program to provide health care for all US citizens. We submit the Congressional Reform Act of 2013
1. No Tenure / No Pension.
A Congressman/woman collects a salary while in office and receives no
pay when they're out of office.
2. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social
All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the
Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into
the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the
American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.
3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all
4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise.
Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
5. Congress loses their current health care system and
participates in the same health care system as the American people.
6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the
7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen/women are void
effective 12/1/13. The American people did not make this
contract with Congressmen/women.
Today: Frank is counting on you
Frank Yetter needs your help with “United States Congress: Reform Congress' member pension rights, voting responsibilities”. Join Frank and 61 supporters today.