Ban Seclusion, Prone and Supine Restraints in Schools

Ban Seclusion, Prone and Supine Restraints in Schools

0 have signed. Let’s get to 5,000!
At 5,000 signatures, this petition is more likely to get picked up by local news!
Jennifer Tidd started this petition to United States Congress

There are over 122K incidents of restraint and seclusion in our schools per year, and that’s only recorded incidents. Districts nationally aren’t following reporting guidelines so we have no way of knowing how many of these punishment methods, straight out of our prison system, are being used on school children nationwide. 

Nationally, disabled children comprise only 12% of the school population, but account for 70% of seclusion and restraints. The other 30% are general Ed students. Black children and boys are the highest groups targeted after disabled children. 

Thousands of serious injuries and over 100 deaths have been reported from these practices. This is a human rights crisis in our schools. We stand together and demand Congress reintroduce HR7124, Keeping All Kids Safe Act, and ban seclusion, mechanical, prone and supine restraints in ALL schools, both public and private immediately. 

0 have signed. Let’s get to 5,000!
At 5,000 signatures, this petition is more likely to get picked up by local news!