MOSES WAS THE FIRST ZIONIST.
May 6, 2017 — Based on the premise a quest to return to one’s homeland from a position of exile is a legitimate existential issue, one can align the most revered figure of Moses as the first of such a designation. The return to the Promised Land from an Egyptian exile of the Israelites under Moses has been its continuing alignment throughout history.
Anti-Zionism Is more than Anti-Semitism. It becomes a doctrine of extermination when a nation's history is negated. That Anti-Zionism can be viewed as a genocide summation is based on the persecution and mass murder of Jews in exiled lands, while barring their return to the land they were exiled from.
While not all people and nations subscribe to such a doctrine, the true history of the Jews has been manipulated to give a false narrative. There appears no alternative understanding from what was seen in Europe and Arabia; those who professed and committed annihilation of the Jews in their exiled lands are also those who deny the victim’s right to live in their own land that the Jews were forcibly displaced from.
Such is also why Israel has been subjected to name changes of her historical emblems and Hebrew towns, also an ancient mode of genocide.
Judea was called as Palestine - Land of the Jews for 2,000 years, then the name was usurped in 1960.
Bethlehem - the birthplace of King David who established Jerusalem in 1002 BCE, and the birthplace of Jesus Christ, was re-named as 'West Bank' in 1948.
True natives do not need to usurp names of another nation's natives. Unless that nation is seen as having no right to exist.
Theologically, Zionism represents a covenant made to Abraham on Mount Moriah (Heb/ Gen. 22:2), just as Israel, the name change that was bestowed on the Patriarch Jacob, represents the covenant made to him at Bethel (Gen 28:10). Thereby, Zion or Zionism equates with Israel or Israelism; the rejection of the former is the same as of the latter. Zion represented the cry of the Jews when Babylon invaded and exiled the Jews in the 6th Century BCE; and thereafter during times of crises when dislodged from their homeland:
• “By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered T’zion.” (Psalm 137:1)
• Jerusalem appears in the Hebrew Bible 669 times and Zion 154 times, or 823 times in all.
• The Christian Bible mentions Jerusalem 154 times and Zion 7 times.
• “I would like to assure the Jewish community that the Uniting Church does not accept the view that Jesus was Palestinian. We affirm that Jesus and most of his early followers were Jewish.” - [Peter Wertheim, Executive Director of the ECAJ, and Stuart McMillan, President of the Uniting Church in Australia; “Jesus a Palestinian?” published by J-Wire with the kind permission of both of them.]
• “Zionism springs from an even deeper motive than Jewish suffering. It is rooted in a Jewish Spiritual tradition whose maintenance and development are for Jews the basis of their continued existence as a community” - Albert Einstein, Nobel Prize Laureate; Manchester Guardian, 1929)
• “When people criticize Zionists, they mean Jews. You’re talking Anti-Semitism.” - Martin King. (Lipset, 1968).
• “There is no difference whatever between anti-Semitism and the denial of Israel’s statehood.” - (Abba Eban, Israeli Ambassador; New York Times, 1975).
• “We must stand with all our might to protect Israel’s right to exist, its territorial integrity and the right to use whatever sea lanes it needs. Israel is one of the great outposts of democracy and a marvellous example of what can be done, how desert land can be transformed into an oasis.” - (Martin King; Annual convention of Rabbinical Assembly, 1968)
• “Send a message to the Jews scattered around the world that Christians are not oblivious of their faith, are not unmindful of the service they rendered to the great religions of the world and most of all to Christianity and that we desire to give them that opportunity of developing, in peace and tranquillity, those great gifts which hitherto they have been compelled to bring to the fruition in countries that know not their language and belong not to their race.” (Lord Balfour; House of Lords in 1922).
Ten Deceptions: https://www.amazon.com/Philistine---Palestine-Exposing-Biggest-Deception-ebook/dp/B01B9B482Y/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8
Keep fighting for people power!
Politicians and rich CEOs shouldn't make all the decisions. Today we ask you to help keep Change.org free and independent. Our job as a public benefit company is to help petitions like this one fight back and get heard. If everyone who saw this chipped in monthly we'd secure Change.org's future today. Help us hold the powerful to account. Can you spare a minute to become a member today?I'll power Change with $5 monthly