Call for UN Sanctions on Communist China Government regarding Liu Xiaobo and Justice
This petition had 264 supporters
Global Call for UN Sanctions on Communist China Government regarding Liu Xiaobo to Restore Justice
A letter to United Nation Secretary General Mr. António Guterres
We ask the UN Human Rights Committee to thoroughly investigate if the way the Communist China Government treated Liu Xiaobo violated International Covenant on Human Rights which China signed in 1998 & The UN to lift all duties of the Communist China Government in UN Security Council.
The Chinese Government dictated by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) persecuted the intellectual Liu Xiaobo, who advocated democracy and constitutional reform in China. In 2008, Liu, together with his friends, made public the Charter 08, advocating that China put into practice freedom, human rights, equality, republicanism, democracy and constitutionalism. As a consequence, Liu was sentenced to jail for 11 years by the Communist China Government for "inciting subversion of state power". Meanwhile, Liu's innocent wife, Liu Xie, has been placed under house arrest and other ways of having her freedom deprived even today, such that she is now suffering from depression.
In June 2017, the Communist China Government announced that Liu Xiaobo was diagnosed with terminal liver cancer. Media were disallowed to report the case freely, including interviews with Liu, his family and friends. All related news was released by the Government, and Liu's family and friends were prevented from visiting him in the hospital.
Against Liu's and his wife's will, the Communist China Government disallowed the couple to seek medical help overseas. On July 13, 2017, Liu Xiaobo died. Based on the situation above, there is good reason to believe that Liu was murdered by the Communist China Government. Berit Reiss-Andersen, Chairman of the Nobel Prize Committee, made a statement to chastise the Communist China Government for being responsible for Liu's death. Moreover, the Communist China Government rejected Liu family’s request to return Liu’s bone ash but ordered to throw it into the sea, and Liu Xia is still now under Communist China Government’s control being deprived freedom. All these acts of Communist China Government have violated the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights which Beijing signed in 1998.
Thus, we make the following requests:
1. The United Nations Commission on Human Rights to investigate whether the Liu Xiaobo incident as stated above violated the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights which she signed in 1998. If it is proved, then we request the United Nations to impose sanctions on China.
2. Liu's tragedy and other incidents involving imprisonment and torture of human right activists in China show the Communist China Government to be tyrannical and anti-peace, so much so that she is no longer qualified to be one of the five permanent members of the United Nations Security Council, which is responsible for affairs related to international security and peace. The United Nations should remove all the duties of Communist China in the UN Security Council.
Here is a list of articles of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights the Communist China Government has violated:
1. Article 6: Every human being has the inherent right to life. This right shall be protected by law. No one shall be arbitrarily deprived of his life.
（For example, Communist China disallowed Liu Xiaobo to go abroad and seek medical care for his liver cancer, thereby depriving him of his right to survival.
2. Article 9-1: Everyone has the right to liberty and security of person. No one shall be subjected to arbitrary arrest or detention.
（For example, Liu Xiaobo lost his freedom and security for publishing the Charter 08. Liu Xia has not committed any offence but she has been placed under illegal house arrest and other ways being deprived of freedom since Liu Xiaobo was imprisoned.）
3. Article 10-1: All persons deprived of their liberty shall be treated with humanity and with respect for the inherent dignity of the human person.
（For example, Liu Xiaobo underwent inhumane treatment. The Communist China Government not only prevented him from seeking medical treatment overseas, but also, through China doctors, intended to insert a breathing tube into his windpipe and increase his pain when he was dangerously ill. Liu Xia, who did not commit any crime, was illegally kept in custody until she nervously broke down.）
4. Article 12
1. Everyone lawfully within the territory of a State shall, within that territory, have the right to liberty of movement and freedom to choose his residence.
2. Everyone shall be free to leave any country, including his own.
(For example, Liu Xia, who did not commit any crime, was illegally kept in custody until she has then been suffering from depression. Liu Xiaobo was not allowed to seek medical help overseas.)
5. Article 19
1. Everyone shall have the right to hold opinions without interference.
2. Everyone shall have the right to freedom of expression; this right shall include freedom to seek, receive and impart information and ideas of all kinds, regardless of frontiers, either orally, in writing or in print, in the form of art, or through any other media of his choice.
(For example, Liu Xiaobo was imprisoned for advocating national reform for the good of his country. And in today's China, many rights defenders are jailed or tortured,)
Today: May is counting on you
May Tam needs your help with “United Nation Secretary General Mr. António Guterres: Call for UN Sanctions on Communist China Government regarding Liu Xiaobo and Justice”. Join May and 263 supporters today.