Stop pollution by disposable plastic.
This petition had 13 supporters
Our planet is being irreparably damaged due to the use of plastic shopping bags. Wherever you go you will see plastic waste getting mixed in the soil. It will remain there for ever as it does not deteriorate. Our environment is being polluted very much. Cattle are dying after consuming plastic waste.Plastic in the soil does not allow the rainwater to percolate thus obstructing the water table from effective recharge.
There have been many halfhearted attempts to stop the use of plastic shopping bags. It has not produced the desired result. Shopping malls have switched to bio degradable shopping bags for which they charge the customers.
This situation can not be controlled till 100% compliance is ensured. Time is running out. The Govt. has to take the following measures to save the environment.
1) Ban production of thin plastic bags below 40 Microns.
2) Deterrent punishment to manufacturer and user of thin plastic bags.
3) Door to door collection of disposable plastic waste made compulsory for all municipal bodies.
4) Disposal of plastic bottles and other waste to be banned in public places. Dust bins to be provided in public places for this purpose.
5) Encourage use of reusable shopping bags.
Today: Raghavendra Kumar is counting on you
Raghavendra Kumar Pande needs your help with “Union Minister of Environment Forest and Climate Change: Stop pollution by disposable plastic.”. Join Raghavendra Kumar and 12 supporters today.