- firstname.lastname@example.org access
Please kindly stop superfluously emailing email@example.com
Many students feel that the firstname.lastname@example.org list has been highly overused and abused this academic year. Student government has gotten emails complaining about this and multiple posts have been made about this issue on the student government Facebook page. In fact, this is one of the top three complaints student government has consistently recieved all year. In addition, a student even wrote a Free Press article about the overuse in the Fall semester. The emails are a problem for students for the following reasons:
1. Some of the emails are from specific academic departments such as Language and Literature and the CCS programs. It is not appropriate for only some academic departments to be advertising to the whole college. For example,the biology department never emails the whole student body to invite everyone to events.
2. At least half of the folks who email us too much actually email multiple times a day. They write one email per event for which they are advertising. This is superfluous. Student government recognizes that health-related school-wide emails are essential, but we would greatly appreciate if they were combined into a weekly digest email.
3. Many of us feel that email@example.com email access should be restricted to only a few people/departments of the college such as the President, Vice Presidents, Dean of Students, Dean of Academics, Head of Security, Student Activities, and the student president (soon to be called Speaker). Otherwise, departments and offices can advertise on the Bard Daily Mail Page or through Student Activites' wonderfully designed weekly blast.
Student government feels a bit hopeless on this topic. We have tried reaching out to some of the individual frequent emailers, but have in a few cases received defensive responses. We have also been through all of the appropriate channels to try to stop this: The Dean of information and The Dean of the College. They have kindly done their best to address the issue, however, nothing has changed. Students are unhappy and the more emails that are sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, the less important school-wide emails seem to the community. This is a problem. Please sign this document to show your support for reducing the number of email@example.com emails. Thank you!
- firstname.lastname@example.org access
Cara Black started this petition with a single signature, and now has 56 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.
Today: Cara is counting on you
Cara Black needs your help with “email@example.com access: Please kindly stop superfluously emailing firstname.lastname@example.org”. Join Cara and 55 supporters today.