UK VETERANS BACK CHANGE TO SUPPORT AFGHAN INTERPRETERS
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
This is a petition to gain support for Afghanistan Interpreters to be eligible for the same support UK Veterans receive from Wounded Injured and Sick charities and also encourage local authorities to sign up to the resettlement scheme for Interpreters provided by the government.
I work for a charity called Change Step who are run by Veterans for Veterans in Wales and offer peer mentoring to individuals in need.
I know many Veterans who I encounter daily and who have served with such people would agree that Interpreters should be entitled to be treated the same as a British Soldier. In every way apart from their Ethnicity and the Fact they have no Service Number, they ARE British Soldiers.
Some things to consider:
- Only 1 council in the UK has signed up to the initiative to support Interpreters.
- Few Mainstream Service charities were currently providing support as they fell outside the eligible criteria until this campaign started
- Afghanistan Interpreters have often done as many as 8 back to back tours
- Their families houses are targeted and often result in either deaths or being forced to flee the country
- Once the Interpreters are in the UK, they face months long waiting lists for treatments associated with service, suitable housing is not provided, and end up falling through the Cracks of Government/Council remits for support.
THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE.
We have had some recent Successes with:
VETERANS NHS WALES,
The Warrior Program
Welsh H4H Team, who have previously provided support at their Colchester Location
We are now campaigning to get the rest to follow.
The Afghanistan conflict is now over, but the pain and suffering of many Interpreters who served our country is ongoing and very real.
Please sign the petition and make a difference. EVERY person can make a difference but together we can change things on a National Scale.
Today: Mark is counting on you
Mark Lloyd needs your help with “UK VETERANS BACK CHANGE TO SUPPORT AFGHAN INTERPRETERS”. Join Mark and 49 supporters today.