#JusticeForRash - The officer in the case should be suspended or resign!
This petition had 3,132 supporters
Rashan Jermaine Charles was a 20 year old young man, born and raised in Hackney. He was someone's father, son, grandson, brother, nephew and friend.
His life was tragically taken away on Saturday 22nd July 2017, following an altercation with the Police. This unexpected tragedy has not only left his family and friends bereft and in total shock and disbelief , it has also left them with a financial burden of having to pay for the funeral cost, in order to lay him to rest, along with the now long and drawn out process of finding out the truth of what happened to their child and their quest for justice.
Thousand of community members and people on many social media platforms have been horrified at the CCTV images of the incident and have sent messages of condolences, kindness and support to the family at the horrific way Rashan lost his life. His death echos the increase of police brutality that we are facing especially within the BAME community.
The officer who was dealing with the cases is still currently at work 9 days in to the investigation, as you can understand it is causing a great deal of distress for Rashan's family and friends. It will be within the officers and within the public interest for the the officer to be taken away from the force until further notice.
The office in this case insists that Rashan swallowed something which later led to his death, if that is the case then please explain why the force is not abiding by their own rules and regulations stated bellow.
College of policing states: Authorised Professional Practice guidance on custody and detention - Alcohol and drugs.
"If officers know or suspect that a detainee has swallowed a or packed drugs, either for the purpose of trafficking or to avoid imminent arrest or detention by the police, they must treat the person as being in need of urgent medical attention and transfer them straight to a hospital. Leakage from a package can prove fatal, if a package is swallowed to avoid detection. It is likely to have been prepared hastily and there is an imminent risk that it may open or burst inside the person. If this happens death can quickly follow."
Today: Wayne is counting on you
Wayne Loftman needs your help with “UK Parliament: #JusticeForRash - The officer in the case should be put on leave or resign!!!”. Join Wayne and 3,131 supporters today.