Change the rights for child benefit

0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!

My partner and I are both working parents bringing up our two sons aged 4 and 2. I believe that the law should be changed around child benefits. As it stands if you and your partner live together and earn under £100,000 you are entitiled to child benefit but this is only the case if both people are earning £49,999 each or less. However if 1 person on the household earns £60,000 or more than as a couple you are not entitled to child benefit. In my case my partner earns just over the amount of £60,000 but I earn approx £10,000 pa. but our joined income is Lower than the £100,000 cap the government have put on child benefit. I believe that all working parents should be entitled to child benefit if it comes under the £100,000 co -joined. My partner and myself work extremely hard to keep a roof over our children’s heads and to provide for them. 

Please sign this petition and make it fair for everyone to have their right to claim child benefit for couples who earn under the £100,000 

Today: Clara is counting on you

Clara Chapman needs your help with “UK Parliament: Change the rights for child benefit”. Join Clara and 25 supporters today.