Petition to UCSB Administration on Thomas Fire and student health
This petition had 8,411 supporters
The current air condition for Goleta rated as “very unhealthy” by the Santa Barbara Air Pollution Control District and all other schools in the Santa Barbara area are closed including the Goleta and Santa Barbara Unified school districts and the Santa Barbara Community College District. The students have not received sufficient information given the Thomas Fire and its potential effect on our health and wellness.
We the undersigned students, staff, and faculty call on the UCSB administration to:
1. Cancel all UCSB classes for the rest of the day and immediately communicate to all students.
2. Make it optional for all employees to come to campus.
3. Send out regular updates about the current air quality conditions and any other relevant information related to the fire. Via email and Facebook.
4. Acquire and distribute masks (N95s) to all campus community members who want one.
5. A notice to go out to all professors about the limited Wifi from rolling blackouts.
6. Encourage faculty to be flexible about finals.
7. Provide support to students and faculty that have been tragically affected by this fire (additional support at CAPS).
8. Resolve these issues in a timely manner.
Today: Natalie is counting on you
Natalie Jordan needs your help with “UCSB Admin: Petition to UCSB Administration on Thomas Fire and student health”. Join Natalie and 8,410 supporters today.