Correct GPS guidance -- Save Lives and our Neighborhoods
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
- Uber's GPS directions put passengers and drivers entering Coronado, California at risk by instructing them to cross hazardous streets.
- Uber's GPS directions instruct drivers to cross intersections with a "F" Level of Service (LOS) with up to 180 second delays between 2PM and 6PM.
- Uber GPS directions are instructing drivers to cross a 3-lane wide, one way street, clogged with traffic moving at 30-mph or more, from a full-stop with obstructed views.
- Driver's unfamiliar with, and unable to effectively cross the intersections quickly, are typically put at greater risk by other drivers who illegally pass them on both sides.
- The most common type of accident at the intersections of A and 4th, B and 4th, and C and 4th, are broadside and sideswipe accidents caused by right-of-way violations.
- Uber's GPS directions may subject drivers to citations due to left turn restrictions in place on A, B, and C Avenues from 5AM to 8AM.
- Uber's GPS directions put additional traffic onto 25-mph, residential streets, when Orange Avenue (SR-75) should be used instead.
- Uber should change the GPS directions provided to drivers entering Coronado.
- Uber SHOULD NOT instruct drivers to turn left from 3rd Street onto A, B, or C Avenues.
- Uber should direct drivers instead to turn left at the signal controlled intersection at Orange Avenue (SR-75) and 3rd Street and proceed to cross 4th Street at the next intersection.
Today: Jason is counting on you
Jason Pettit needs your help with “Uber: Correct GPS guidance -- Save Lives and our Neighborhoods”. Join Jason and 62 supporters today.