DEMAND PROTECTION, PAY & SAFETY FOR ESSENTIAL WORKERS - COVID-19
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,500!
We are demanding legislation to add protection for our essential workers who are being met with continued hostility, threats of harm, assaults and even murder. Reading the news is not enough, and NOW is the time to stand up. Sign the petition and share it with your friends! I am also taking your questions on why this legislation is so important.
COVID-19 has changed our world and daily lives in so many ways. Whether it's going to the grocery store, visiting a family member, riding the bus, or simply stopping for coffee, everything we do has been altered.
As industry professionals and essential employees, we are tasked with policing our own communities, businesses, bars and restaurants. When residents/guests/customers verbally threaten, let alone physically assault us, we are placed on "paid admin leave," while those guilty of the crime are protected by Management/Business Leaders to avoid tarnishing their image and optics, all in the name of the bottom line.
What do we do to protect ourselves when we are instructed by Management, Ownership and the State to perform and enforce rules? What do we do when we call police and they fail to enforce the law or render aid to us?
What do we do when we follow all the rules and regulations set forth by our government and business owners, only to contract COVID-19 ourselves and be out of work for weeks? Our economy and your paycheck relies on essential workers. When we are sick, we have no income. When we are sick, we shut our businesses. When we are sick, we are left in the dark or subjected to horrible treatment from our company leaders.
Sadly, I know first hand the difficulties Essential Workers are facing in the workplace. While enforcing our Governor's orders, I was assaulted at my place of business by residents and their guests who violated social distancing guidelines to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
I need your support now more than ever to push for systematic change. What happened to me can easily happen to anyone in our industry if we do not push for change from within.
If you are an essential employee, now is your time to stand up and demand reform and protection. COVID-19 is not going away any time soon and violence is increasing against those who are tasked with keeping the economy open, providing goods and services all while being expected to enforce our failed governments motions to provide safety and limit the spread of this virus.
Per feedback I have received in the community and from our essential workers, enclosed is a general list of items that the majority are asking for. Remember, if you want to keep the economy open, you need essential workers to be healthy and taken care of.
1. $25,000 one time payment or applied against student loan debt (We know Congress won't remove our student debt)
2. Guaranteed health insurance, even if you are part time, that is affordable and realistic based on a sliding scale on what can be afforded per individual. Or Medicare/Medicaid benefits for all essentials.
3. Guaranteed up to 3 weeks pay if we contract COVID-19 while on the job.
4. Rapid testing. No more waiting for weeks for results which continue to impact us financially.
5. Federal protection from violence we continue to face for enforcing social distancing guidelines from failed Government efforts.
6. Automatic felony assault charges on those who injure us. No more slap on the wrists or misdemeanor charges.
7. Police and governing officials WILL stand behind us and enforce policies. No more turning their back on us.
8. 100% student debt forgiveness for ALL 1st Responders. This should not even be a discussion or debate. Without our 1st Responders, many more lives would be lost than have already senselessly be brought to an end all too soon.
9. $15 minimum "liveable wage" for all workers.
Join Essential Workers Unite in Dallas Texas Saturday, September 19th as we demand legislation for pay, protection and safety from our elected officials and business leaders.
I appreciate everyone's support. Please share my story to make others aware of the resistance we are facing today, tomorrow and beyond.
Complete your signature
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,500!