It’s time. Join more than 900 mayors and over 1.4 million grassroots supporters to demand that Congress take action to end gun violence.
Our efforts cannot bring back the 20 innocent children murdered in Newtown, CT -- or the 33 people murdered with guns every day in America. But we can prevent future tragedies by passing common sense legislation that will:
- Require a criminal background check for every gun sold in America
- Ban assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines
- Make gun trafficking a federal crime, with real penalties for “straw purchasers”
Demand that your members of Congress support these legislative priorities.
- U.S. House of Representatives
- U.S. Senate
- President of the United States
President Obama and members of Congress: What’s your plan to end gun violence?
Everytown for Gun Safety started this petition with a single signature, and now has 788,348 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.