Adopt the mobile food regulations proposed by the TC Street Food group
The public should support the TC Street Food group's recommendation because it:
1. Offers residents and visitors a high quality, fast, low-cost dining option in the heart of our city;
2. Encourages, incentivize, and attracts entrepreneurship in our downtown;
3. Augments and enhances our region’s growing food culture by encouraging the fastest growing culinary trend;
4. Enhances and increases security in nightlife areas by providing additional community policing;
5. Brings additional vibrancy and culture to our downtown;
6. Promotes healthy living by providing an additional incentive for pedestrian and bicycle traffic; and
7. Increases the availability of diverse and high quality food offerings during periods of high demand.
1. A complete restriction on mobile food vending on Front Street between Boardman Ave. and Union Street due to a lack of parking and safety concerns;
2. A complete restriction on mobile food vending within twenty feet of all intersections to ensure a clear line of sight for all traffic; and
3. A contractual exception to the above restrictions for special events.
Additionally, we recommend that the DDA enact no location-based restrictions on mobile food vending on private property. We ask that the City Commission enact reasonable health and safety regulations narrowly tailored to protect the public.