- Duncan GayRoads Minister, NSW Government
Refurbish and reopen Glebe Island Bridge for pedestrians and cyclists
- It will create another public space for Sydney connected to the harbour
- It makes the inner west less car dependent and therefore promotes a healthier lifestyle for all people in Sydney
- It promotes the livability of communities around Rozelle & Blackwattle Bay by improving the 'bay walk' around Rozelle Blackwattle bays and connecting them to other walks and rides in the area
- It improves the safety of cyclists and pedestrians using narrow path ways across ANZAC Bridge and its approaches
- It would improve the safety of marine traffic
- It would complement the development of White Bay power station as a public space
- It preserves a bridge of historic interest and add to the industrial beauty of the area,
- It would promote tourism in Sydney especially if coupled with a suitable redevelopment of White Bay power station
- Roads Minister, NSW Government
Please reburbish and reopen Glebe Island Bridge for pedestrian and bicycle traffic. It is a historical landmark in Sydney and demolishing it would make Sydney a less interesting and less livable city. It also would contribute to the redevelopment of the docks area of Sydney while still maintaining the character of Sydney Harbour as a working harbour.
James Dwyer started this petition with a single signature, and now has 74 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.
Today: James is counting on you
James Dwyer needs your help with “Transport for NSW: Refurbish and reopen Glebe Island Bridge for pedestrians and cyclists”. Join James and 73 supporters today.