TFL stop excessive bus announcement "Please hold on while the bus is moving"
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
In January 2018, the plague returned to the streets of London in the form of new bus announcements. After every stop, a nonsensical announcement, “Please hold on while the bus is moving” plays.
For an average passenger with 15 stops, they will now sit (or stand) through 30 announcements - doubled noise pollution. This is ridiculous.
Here are a few alternatives that would have been better:
- Only display text on the visual display without audio
- Short awareness campaign on social media and/or printed posters
- A soft, subtle tone to signal the bus is about to move
- Add onto the safety sticker existing on each bus
- Nothing. People can use common sense
This is a petition to the TFL fish tank to reconsider this announcement torture initiative. Stop this immediately and make buses great again! (ish) and not grate.
Today: Steve is counting on you
Steve Johnson needs your help with “Transport For London: TFL stop excessive bus announcement "Please hold on while the bus is moving"”. Join Steve and 38 supporters today.