Preserve and Protect 75 Cleveland St., Norfolk, from Developers
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!
Dear Norfolk Neighbors,
Please consider signing this petition asking Norfolk Town Representatives to investigate purchasing, preserving, and protecting 18.54 acres at 75 Cleveland Street in Norfolk. The home and land are currently for sale and a developer can purchase the property to build a 40B project.
The purchase and preservation of this property may benefit the town in many ways:
- The house on the property may have historical significance or may be rehabbed to become a 40B single home (Norfolk needs more 40B homes to meet the state requirements.)
- The property at 75 Cleveland abuts conservation land that cannot currently be accessed via the road. The frontage at 75 Cleveland Street would allow such access and increase the size and availability of recreational areas (walking and hiking trails, possible park?)
- The cost of the property is relatively low compared to the cost the town will face if a 40B development is built at that location (expanding population = water needs, first responder needs, larger schools, increased traffic.)
- The location is currently a sanctuary for wildlife and some of the property is considered wetlands. Some of the property is also designated as 61A farmland.
Norfolk's Community Preservation Committee, Historical Commission, and Affordable Housing Committee have been contacted about purchasing and preserving the house and land at 75 Cleveland Street. Members of the commissions and committees attended an open house at the property. The committees and commissions need to hear from the town's citizens and know that we support this effort.
Cyndi Andrade of the Community Preservation Committee, along with members of the Historical Commission and Affordable Housing Committee, will meet on Wednesday, October 4 at 7:30 at Town Hall in Room 124 (main floor). The first item on the agenda is investigating the purchase and preservation of 75 Cleveland St.
Please join me in helping to preserve this property. Please attend the meeting on Wednesday, October 4. In addition, please sign this petition which asks the committees and commissions to purchase, preserve and protect 75 Cleveland St. The petition will be presented at the meeting.
You can also contact the individuals who serve our town via the following email addresses and/or phone numbers:
Community Preservation Committee:
- Michele Thoener, Clerk: email@example.com or 508-801-5844
- Cynthia Andrade, Chair: 508-528-3804
- Paul Terrio, Chair
Historical Commission (508-528-4800):
- Betsey Whitney, Clerk
Norfolk Municipal Affordable Housing Trust (508-440-2812):
- Susan Jacobson, Housing Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jim Lehan, Chair
- Mark Henney, Vice Chair
- Tom Cleverdon, Clerk
- Amy Brady (email@example.com)
- Janet DeLonga (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Board of Selectman (508-440-2855):
- Scott Bugbee, SBugbee@norfolk.ma.us
- Jim Lehan, JLehan@norfolk.ma.us
- Jeff Palumbo, Jpalumbo@norfolk.ma.us
For more information on the property at 75 Cleveland Street, please visit: https://www.coldwellbankerhomes.com/ma/norfolk/75-cleveland/pid_19867553/
Please sign this petition and please feel free to share with others.
Churchill Road, Norfolk, Massachusetts
Today: Catherine is counting on you
Catherine Troutman needs your help with “Town of Norfolk: Protect 75 Cleveland Street from 40B Developers”. Join Catherine and 506 supporters today.