TORONTO CENTRAL ETOBICOKE: PETITION FOR OFF-LEASH AREA IN TOM RILEY PARK
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
This petition, supported by the undersigned, is directed to the Mayor of Toronto, City Councillor Justin Di Ciano and DOLA (Dog Owners Association - City of Toronto). Its goal is to support the construction of an enclosed, off-leash dog park in a convenient location within the central northern part of Ward 5 (near Bloor and Gardenvale). The area we are proposing is the south part of Tom Riley park, between Bloor street and the TTC tracks. It would be East of the current garden plots and away from any playground, soccer pitch or walkways.
This park would be a designated area where residents and their well-behaved canine citizens can exercise and have fun in a clean, safe environment. We want to create a beautiful, well-maintained space open to all dog lovers and friends who will be willing to uphold the park’s rules and restrictions. This park will be designed to satisfy the needs of dog-owners and non-dog owners alike.
Dog owners understand that parks are for everyone and that dogs that are off leash can be intimating for some. We are proposing a fenced in area where dogs can run free, play and socialize. The large number and success of dog parks all over the country demonstrate that when a group of concerned and responsible dog owners work together for a leash-free dog park, not only can this concept work but it can thrive and enrich the community.
Therefore, we are asking the City of Toronto to dedicate this area and construct a dog park for the following reasons:
1. Currently, there is no public dog park in our area to accommodate safe, off-leash dog activities.
2. Such a park would allow families with dogs to spend more quality time with their pets.
3. Having such a park located away from resident homes and centrally located would reduce angst between dog owners, non-dog owners, police and park authorities.
4. This park would increase opportunities for residents to interact with their neighbours and help create a sense of community.
5. Many dogs need exercise above and beyond human limitations; furthermore, many dog owners do not have a yard where their dogs can spend time outside, and leashes greatly limit the dog’s space and pace.
6. Socializing dogs is very beneficial to the community, since it makes them less skittish and can mitigate aggressive behavior when meeting other dogs and people
7. Regular exercise is great for any dog's longevity and weight control, and the overall effect of regular exercise makes most dogs calmer and better behaved.
Please help us create a dedicated space that allows our residents to exercise their canine family members and themselves, as well as benefit the community as a whole!
Please feel free to contact our city councillor Justin Di Ciano at email@example.com and state that you are in support of an off-leash dog area at Tom Riley Park.
DOLA at firstname.lastname@example.org
Today: Andrew is counting on you
Andrew Kwiatkowski needs your help with “TORONTO CENTRAL ETOBICOKE: PETITION FOR OFF-LEASH AREA IN TOM RILEY PARK”. Join Andrew and 142 supporters today.