Safer Streets for Mount Isa by stopping underage children from roaming streets at night
This petition had 1,298 supporters
Update - While we understand that you are working on the issues - we still want a public meeting to ask questions and voice our concerns. None of us profess to be experts but we want an opportunity to have our say. Bring some transparency into the process and allow the community a voice.
We need to bring accountability back into our community.
We would like to have a town meeting held:
- We respectfully request that concerned citizens be given the opportunity to ask questions and voice their concerns.
- At a time that the broader community can attend - Evening or Saturday perhaps - to discuss the problem and the solutions
- All the vandalism, arson, rock throwing and thieving is a sign something is out of control in Mt Isa.
- Children much younger than can be prosecuted, are committing serious crimes in Mt Isa that could have fatal results, due to lack of parental supervision.
- Something has to be done to give the police power to fix the problem.
The possible solutions:
- Impose a strict curfew preventing unattended children (0 -14 years old) from wandering the streets from 7 PM
- Impose a curfew preventing teenagers (15-18 years old) from wandering the streets from 11 PM without reason (To and from work should be allowed)
- Hold parents responsible for their duty of care in supervising under Queensland Criminal Code Act 1899 - 364A Leaving a child under 12 unattended
- Require children and parents of children who break curfew to pay a fine or perform community service
Today: Mary is counting on you
Mary Gerber needs your help with “Tony McGrady: Safer Streets for Mount Isa by stopping underage children from roaming streets at night”. Join Mary and 1,297 supporters today.