New Flooring for the Burlington Splash Pad
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
My name is Sydney Bayless, I am a young mother of two small children aged 2 and 1. Last year the city of Burlington opened a brand new splash pad which is free to the public. A few days ago my children and I went for the first time. Not long after, a child ran past my 1 year old son, knocking him down, causing him to fall onto the concrete, which is what was decided as appropriate flooring for babies, toddlers, and young children. My son now has two chipped front teeth.
I am so glad there is a free place to go in the hot North Carolina summer I can take my children to. But it seems that in being able to make this park free, some safety measures were cut.
I would like to petition Tony Laws, Director of Parks and Recreation, to consider PolySoft Splash or Life Floor.
Taken from PolySoft Sufaces:
PolySoft Features and Benefits
- PolySoft has been tried and tested in Australia: one of the harshest environments for this product.
- The PolySoft particle is 100% recyclable.
- The surface temperatures of PolySoft are cooler than traditional finishes such as concrete, asphalt and rubber.
- The strong chemical bond between the particles ensures superior lateral strength.
- PolySoft provides an excellent independently verified anti slip rating for both wet and dry applications.
- PolySoft is easily repaired if vandalised with little or no visible seam.
- A specially developed two part aliphatic polyurethane binder is used in all PolySoft installations. This coupled with colorfast technology, protects against premature fading and provides excellent resistance to UV radiation and to chemicals such as chlorine.
- PolySoft is only installed by a network of specialized installers specifically trained to ensure the highest quality and service.
- PolySoft is resilient yet soft underfoot and provides excellent impact attenuation for playgrounds.
- PolySoft is hygienic and easy to maintain.
"These splash pad injuries and closures likely could have been prevented by using a different surface—namely, a safety surface that is both cushioned and slip-resistant without being abrasive."
Please join me in signing this petition to make this splash park safer for our children.
Today: Sydney is counting on you
Sydney Bayless needs your help with “Tony Laws: New Flooring for the Burlington Splash Pad”. Join Sydney and 82 supporters today.