Diminish plastic straw usage at the Embassy Club restaurant, in Clayton, Ciudad de Panamá
¡Esta petición logró su objetivo con el apoyo de 406 personas!
We, residents of P.H. Embassy club, would like that the Embassy club restaurant diminishes its use of plastic straws.
We believe it is important to do so because :
- Straws are made of a type of plastic which is non-recyclable
- Straws end up polluting the environment and invading the sea, causing harm to wildlife animals
- 44% of all seabird species, all sea turtle species and a growing list of fish species have been documented with plastic in or around their bodies.
- Although straws are used for an average of 20 minutes, they take over 200 years to partially decompose into micro-plastic.
- Microplastics get ingested by fishes all along the food chain and we humans end up eating those contaminated fishes.
- US use of straws averages about 500,000,000 plastic straws every day - this is enough straws to circle 2.5 times the earth every day!
Therefore, we would like to suggest that from now on, no straw should be given out automatically with every drink served at the restaurant. Straws would be handed out only to customers who requested one.
Las peticiones más importantes
Hoy: Nicolas cuenta con tu ayuda
Nicolas Patte necesita tu ayuda con esta petición «To the manager of the Embassy Club restaurant: Diminish plastic straw usage at the Embassy Club restaurant, in Clayton, Ciudad de Panamá». Súmate a Nicolas y 405 persona que han firmado hoy.