To urge the Government of Manitoba to reduce the property tax portion paid by condominiums and housing cooperatives.
This petition had 196 supporters
- Municipal assessment is a matter of provincial jurisdiction and responsibility.
- Property tax assessment for Manitoba condominiums and housing cooperatives are classified by the Province of Manitoba as Residential 3 pursuant to the Classification of Property and Portioned Values Regulation, Man Reg 184/98.
- Manitoba condominiums and cooperatives are currently both assessed at a portion of 45%.
- Previously condos were assessed at a property tax portion of 32.7% and detached homes were assessed at a property tax portion of 48.6%.
- Condominiums and cooperatives provide more efficient and dense housing options to Manitobans and result in long term government savings, both provincially and municipally.
- Condominium owners pay, on average, higher property taxes per person, per square foot and per street frontage.
- Condominiums and cooperatives are essential to smart growth.
Today: Paul is counting on you
Paul Hesse needs your help with “To the Legislative Assembly of Manitoba: To urge the Government of Manitoba to reduce the property tax portion paid by condominiums and housing cooperatives.”. Join Paul and 195 supporters today.