- Kevin A. ShwedoExecutive Director of the SC Dept. of Motor Vehicles
- John LaganelliChief of Staff and Director of Operations for the SC Dept. of Motor Vehicles
A Neccessary Update to the State Driver’s Manual
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200.
Why is it that my South Carolina Driver’s Manual details which way I should turn my steering wheel if I am parked uphill with a curb, but has no details about what to do if I am pulled over by police?
My proposal is to add two sections to our driver’s manual:
1. A section of guidelines with tips and suggestions on what to do if pulled over.
2. A section with statewide standards detailing Rules of Engagement for law enforcement.
The manual states that it seeks to explain what the law expects of you as a driver, but does not give any information about what rights a driver has, or what a driver should expect from those enforcing the laws outlined in the manual.
Please sign this petition if you agree with the addition of these two sections to our South Carolina Driver’s Manual.
(By the way, you should turn your steering wheel left if you are parked uphill with a curb, all other scenarios suggest turning your steering wheel to the right.)
- Executive Director of the SC Dept. of Motor Vehicles
Kevin A. Shwedo
- Chief of Staff and Director of Operations for the SC Dept. of Motor Vehicles
A Neccessary Update to the State Driver’s Manual to include guidelines and standard procedures for both drivers and law enforcement.
John Mitchell started this petition with a single signature, and now has 189 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.
Today: John is counting on you
John Mitchell needs your help with “To the Executive Director of the SC DMV: A Neccessary Update to the State Driver’s Manual”. Join John and 188 supporters today.