Petition Closed

TJ Kids Aligned for Success

This petition had 556 supporters

As parents of Thomas Jefferson Elementary School students, including past, present, and future, we are dedicated to our children's junior high school education. 

We are calling on District 15 to realign the current school boundaries so that students who will attend Fremd High School also attend a junior high that properly prepares them for the rigors, expectations and curriculum at our community high school.  These schools are Plum Grove Junior High and Sundling Junior High.

Currently, our students attend Carl Sandburg Junior High, where 80% of the student body attends a different high school in a different high school district. This leaves 20% of the remaining students (less than 50 students per class) to attend Fremd.  

Student test scores show that our kids are underprepared for the demands of Fremd High School.  This leaves them at a significant disadvantage when compared to their peers who graduate from the other Fremd feeder junior high schools.

In many cases, students who are honor roll students, and in advanced level classes at Sandburg are still required to attend summer school before their freshman year.

Finally, our students spend up to 45 minutes on the bus traveling to and from Sandburg Junior High.  90 minutes of travel time for our students is unreasonable and adds stress during what is already a challenging time in a students life.

Please consider signing this petition so that we can provide a future for our kids that gives them a level playing field upon entering Fremd High School.



Today: Chris is counting on you

Chris Wienke needs your help with “TJ Kids”. Join Chris and 555 supporters today.