Tired Of Violence Against Women In Australia? Petition For National Royal Commission
0 have signed. Let’s get to 50,000!
Each year, hundreds of women are murdered by men, and thousands more experience extreme violence from intimate partners. More than 60 women were murdered in 2018.
This is a national emergency. Clearly what we’re doing right now isn’t working.
We are women and men urgently calling on the Prime Minister to establish a Royal Commission into the prevention of violence against women. We need to find better solutions to one of the most urgent crises facing Australian women, and the community as a whole.
The Royal Commission would investigate:
- Current state and federal funding arrangements,
- The efficacy of frontline services like women’s refuges and community legal centres,
- The state of education programmes in schools across the country,
- Whether the legal system is delivering justice for survivors, victims and their families,
- Whether bail laws and conditions are preventing violent criminals re-offending,
From there, the commission would report their findings and recommend solutions.
We can’t just accept that this death toll is inevitable. As a nation, we need to do better. Sign this petition if you want to see a stop to the ongoing violence towards women in Australia.
Today: Ali is counting on you
Ali Saoirse needs your help with “Tired Of Violence Against Women In Australia? Petition For National Royal Commission”. Join Ali and 36,146 supporters today.