Drysdale Bypass Petition to VicRoads
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
Please build the Drysdale Bypass WITHOUT the proposed 3 new signalized
intersections (and one roundabout) at the western entrance to Drysdale and upgrade the uncontrolled intersection at Hermsley Road / Portarlington Road to a well-designed roundabout instead of the proposed North /South connector.
If the traffic infrastructure is built as currently proposed: -
1. There will be an excessive number of vehicle-to-vehicle, vehicle-to-cyclist and
vehicle-to-pedestrian conflict points where vehicles are allowed to travel along conflicting paths at impact speeds higher than those regarded as thresholds of severe injury. This does not comply with Victoria’s Towards Zero Safe Roads System.
2. The risk of Fatal or Serious Injury (FSI) vehicle-to-vehicle crashes will be increased approximately twenty fold.
3. Option 3a creates a traffic bottleneck that VicRoads data shows is a massive 10 times less traffic efficient than option 11 for Clifton Springs Drysdale traffic and a
massive 5 times less traffic efficient overall.
4. The response time of the Bellarine State Emergency Services Unit will be significantly increased.
VicRoads own analysis shows that the alternative proposal is much more traffic
The alternative proposal is a simple improvement of the existing situation where
Andersons Road becomes the bypass as follows -
• The current roundabout is enlarged to two access and two circulating lanes,
which overcomes the congestion during peak periods.
• A 2-lane roundabout replaces the currently problematic, Grubb Rd/Andersons Rd
and Peninsula Dr/Andersons Rd intersections. Well-designed slip lanes are
provided to Jetty Road so that Geelong/Bypass traffic only has to pass through
one of the roundabouts.
View full document here:
Today: Bellarine Community is counting on you
Bellarine Community Council needs your help with “Tim Price - Project Director at VicRoads: Drysdale Bypass Petition to VicRoads”. Join Bellarine Community and 216 supporters today.