Protect the Department of Education and Vote Against H.R.899
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
We, the people, ask the federal government to protect the Department of Education and vote against “H.R.899 – To terminate the Department of Education.”
The Department of Education currently exists in order to:
- Strengthen the Federal commitment to assuring access to equal educational opportunity for every individual;
- Supplement and complement the efforts of states, the local school systems and other instrumentalities of the states, the private sector, public and private nonprofit educational research institutions, community-based organizations, parents, and students to improve the quality of education;
- Encourage the increased involvement of the public, parents, and students in Federal education programs;
- Promote improvements in the quality and usefulness of education through Federally supported research, evaluation, and sharing of information;
- Improve the coordination of Federal education programs;
- Improve the management of Federal education activities; and
- Increase the accountability of Federal education programs to the President, the Congress, and the public.
The Department of Education serves America’s students by currently:
- Establishing policies related to federal financial aid for education, administering distribution of those funds, and monitoring their use;
- Collecting data and overseeing research on America's schools and disseminating this information to Congress, educators and the general public;
- Identifying the major issues and problems in education and focusing national attention on them; and
- Enforcing federal statutes prohibiting discrimination in programs and activities that receive federal funds and ensuring equal access to education for every individual.
We demand that the Department of Education continues to function in order to further promote student achievement and preparation for global competitiveness by fostering educational excellence and ensuring equal access for all our students.
"H.R.899 - 115th Congress (2017-2018): To Terminate the Department of Education."H.R.899 - 115th Congress (2017-2018): To Terminate the Department of Education. | Congress.gov | Library of Congress. N.p., 07 Feb. 2017. Web. 09 Feb. 2017.
"Mission." Mission. U.S. Department of Education, 20 Oct. 2011. Web. 09 Feb. 2017.
An Overview of the U.S. Department of Education. U.S. Department of Education, Sept. 2010. Web. 09 Feb. 2017
Today: Rod is counting on you
Rod C needs your help with “Thomas Massie: Protect the Department of Education and Vote Against H.R.899”. Join Rod and 26 supporters today.