See sense, cancel HS2 now
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
The last thing the UK can afford now is a legacy vanity project that would benefit such a tiny proportion of the population.
Current cost estimates are in excess of £50 billion and we all know that won't be the final bill.
We call upon the government to cancel HS2 and reinvest the money in areas that really would make a difference to people's lives, including:
* Making the UK's social housing stock safe to avoid a repeat of the Grenfell Tower disaster
* Providing additional funding to the NHS
* Providing additional funding to our schools
* Properly resourcing our superb emergency services in the face of ever increasing threats - particularly, reverse police and fire service cuts
* Providing additional capacity on north/south rail routes to/from London
* Upgrading east/west rail routes in the Hull/Leeds/Manchester/Liverpool corridor to support the Northern Powerhouse
* Build more affordable homes in places where people want to live
This is not a socialist manifesto, it's a "sensible policy for a fairer and better Britain".
We are constantly hearing that times will be hard as we leave the EU. This decision, Mrs May, is an absolute no brainer and I've even given you a free sound bite!
Today: Robin is counting on you
Robin Dixon needs your help with “Theresa May MP: See sense, cancel HS2 now”. Join Robin and 19 supporters today.