Negotiate a Canada - UK Free Trade Agreement
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,500!
Negotiation of a Free Trade Agreement between Canada and the United Kingdom
Petition to UK Prime Minister Theresa May and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau
- The United Kingdom has been a valuable ally and partner to Canada in various multilateral organizations – including the Commonwealth and NATO;
- Both Canada and the United Kingdom share common legal and political traditions that uphold individual human rights and participatory democracy;
- Canada is currently in the latter stages of concluding the Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) which will create free trade conditions with the European Union;
- According to Statistics Canada, in 2015, more than 40 percent of Canada’s exports to the European Union are destined specifically for the United Kingdom; and
- Britain’s decision to leave the European Union will significantly reduce the potential market for Canadian goods and services under the CETA; and,
- The United Kingdom recognizes the value of the Canada-UK relationship and has indicated its willingness to enter into negotiations.
We, the undersigned, citizens and residents of Canada and the United Kingdom, request (or call upon) the Government of Canada and the Government of the United Kingdom to begin the process of negotiating a successor Canada-UK Free Trade Agreement that will extend the terms and conditions of the CETA to the United Kingdom once it is no longer a party to that agreement.
Today: Brent is counting on you
Brent Cameron needs your help with “Theresa May MP: Negotiate a Canada - UK Free Trade Agreement”. Join Brent and 1,460 supporters today.