Make the A697 a safer road
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
There has been a large number of accidents on the A697 during the last few years, including fatalities .
The traffic on this road is increasing alarmingly, especially the number of HGVs , which frequently exceed the speed limit. The A697 is not suitable for the amount and size of vehicles using it.
Small village's along the route, including Powburn are suffering and local residents are very concerned.
Please sign this petition to demand that funding is made available, to improve this dangerous road, (before the A1 dualing work starts and causes even more fatalities)
We the undersigned request that the safety risk on the A697 is addressed by:
- Instalation of signs indicating the number of accidents/fatalities.
- Restrictions on the size and weight of vehicles that can use the road.
- improved and early signage, on the approach to Powburn and other villages and clear and consistent speed limits /appropriate traffic calming measures throughout the village(s).
- Increased speed checks throughout the A697 and/or the use of average speed cameras.
- More restrictions on overtaking throughout the villages and on dangerous sections of the road (dangerous overtaking is often the cause of accidents).
Today: Eileen is counting on you
Eileen Whitenstall needs your help with “Theresa May MP: Make the A697 a safer road”. Join Eileen and 75 supporters today.