Introduce a "Social Media Bill of Rights" to protect the Freedom of Speech of all users
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
Nigel Farage MEP stood up in the EU parliament and blasted Mark Zuckerberg the CEO and founder of Facebook for censoring centre-right views, political commentators and organisations through algorithms and decreasing their post-reach.
Mark Zuckerberg and German Chancellor Angela Merkel were also caught on mic discussing solutions to what they called "anti-immigrant posts." on Facebook, Merkel said “Are you working on this?” Bloomberg reported.
“Yeah,” Zuckberg replied.
Social Media Bill of Rights;
2. Clarity: Make sure that policies, terms of service, and settings are easy to find and understand
3. Freedom of speech: Do not delete my account for personal political views that are not violent or racist. Social media also should not be able to change the algorithms and post-reach for conservative or anti-mass migration posts.
4. Empowerment : Support assistive technologies and universal accessibility
5. Self-protection: Support privacy-enhancing technologies
6. Data minimization: Minimize the information I am required to provide and share with others
7. Control: Let me control my data, and don’t facilitate sharing it unless I agree first
8. Predictability: Obtain my prior consent before significantly changing who can see my data.
9. Data portability: Make it easy for me to obtain a copy of my data
10. Protection: Treat my data as securely as your own confidential data unless I choose to share it, and notify me if it is compromised
11. Right to know: Show me how you are using my data and allow me to see who and what has access to it.
12. Right to self-define: Let me create more than one identity and use pseudonyms. Do not link them without my permission.
13. Right to appeal: Allow me to appeal punitive actions
14. Right to withdraw: Allow me to delete my account, and remove my data
Today: Zack is counting on you
Zack Culshaw needs your help with “Theresa May MP: Introduce a "Social Media Bill of Rights" to protect the Freedom of Speech of all users”. Join Zack and 28 supporters today.