Demand For A Public Inquest Into The Grenfell Tower Fire
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
We, the public, hereby demand a public inquest into what could have been a preventable fire, that has taken as many as 150 lives in the fire that engulfed Grenfell Towers in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea (RBKC).
As such, we, the public, hold the Government, the Fire Service, and the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea and contractors to account.
There are serious questions to be answered, regarding, but not limited to:
- The suitability and quality of building materials used in recent refurbishments of the Towers.
- Compliance with building standards and regulations.
- Fire assessments conducted by RBKC, contractors, and the Fire Service.
- Lack of a sprinkler system, smoke alarms, evacuation plans, and escape routes.
- A failure to listen to and take onboard residents' views and concerns, and whether this was a deliberate action.
- Why the Government purposely sat on a recent report and recommendations in regard to similar incidents, such as the Larkanal House Tower fire.
- The true death toll of the fire at Grenfell Tower and suggestions that the Government has purposely suppressed the reporting of the true number of deaths in the media.
- Why the then Government filibustered proposed legislation to make rented accommodation fit for human habitation.
- What the Government and others will do, including enacting new legislation, to ensure that the possibility of a similar fire in the future is limited.
We will not accept a public inquiry, because its scope and input can be, deliberately or otherwise, be limited. Neither are the findings and recommendations of an inquiry necessarily binding. In addition, an inquiry will not allow full access to official documents and communications and evidence and testimony of residents and others, whereas an inquest will allow this and the outcomes of which are binding and those responsible held to account.
Give the residents, the victims, and families of the Grenfell Towers fire a public inquest!
Today: Jason is counting on you
Jason Schumann needs your help with “Theresa May MP: Demand For A Public Inquest Into The Grenfell Tower Fire”. Join Jason and 107 supporters today.