Cross party negotiating team for Brexit
0 have signed. Let’s get to 2,500!
Following the 2017 General Election, we desperately need stability and to engender confidence back in the UK's ability to navigate Brexit. I am urging you to sign my petition for parliament to debate the option of a cross-party Brexit negotiating team:
1. We have a hung parliament. A cross-party team will ensure the views of the majority of the people in the UK are represented and heard. With 40% of the national vote at the General Election, Jeremy Corbyn and his team should have a place at the negotiating table.
2. There will almost certainly be another General Election within the next few months. A cross-party negotiating team means that the Brexit negotiations can continue with consistency and are not further de-railed within the tight timetable.
3. The Brexit “deal” will affect the country and peoples' lives for many decades to come. As such, it is only right that the decisions made override our partisan, five year, UK political election cycle.
4. Both Labour and the Conservatives are allied on their policy that there should be no further referendum. It is time to find the common ground on this issue, that the country can get behind, for the long-term prosperity of our nation and all its citizens.
5. A “grown up” and cross-party approach to this will give the best chance of confidence across Europe and globally in the UK’s ability to navigate our way through Brexit and beyond. This approach would also give our citizens faith in politicians to do the right thing for the people they serve, and not for their own party and personal interests.
Today: Ouvrielle is counting on you
Ouvrielle Holmes needs your help with “Theresa May MP: Cross party negotiating team for Brexit”. Join Ouvrielle and 1,507 supporters today.