The world: Please, stop promoting the question 'What race are you?' in any capacity.
Please whenever this racist and scientifically ignorant question is posed, reply with simply human or refuse to answer. We are all a part of one species/race, Homo sapiens. Black, white, hispanic, etc... are not races. The promotion of these "subspecies" as separate entities is scientific racism. It is imperative that this question, "What race are you?", must be deemed nescient, passé, and flat out intolerable by the world as a whole in order to eliminate racist predisposition at the grassroots level. For further insight into this subject please refer to the American Anthropological Association statement on "Race". http://www.aaanet.org/stmts/racepp.htm, The European Union's Council Directive 2000/43/EC of 29 June 2000 implementing the principle of equal treatment between persons irrespective of racial or ethnic origin http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2000:180:0022:0026:en:PDF, or the American Association of Physical Anthropology's statement on Biological Aspects of Race http://www.virginia.edu/woodson/courses/aas102%20%28spring%2001%29/articles/AAPA_race.pdf
- The world
- Charles Rebstock Professor Biology Professor Genetics Biomedical Engineering WUSTL
Alan R. Templeton, Ph.D.
- Professor, Physical Anthropology WUSTL
Robert Sussman, Ph.D.
- Professor, joint appointment with African American Studies, UF
Faye Harrison, Ph.D.
- Merle Kling Professor of Modern Letters
Prof. Gerald L. Early
- NYU Stern
Prof. Adam Alter
- Chair of the Department of Sociology, GWU
Prof. Steven A. Tuch
- Provost Georgetown University, Former Director U.S. Census
Robert M. Groves, Provost GU
- Assistant Director for Economic Programs U.S. Bureau of the Census
Thomas L. Mesenbourg, Jr
- U.S. House of Representatives
- U.S. Senate
- Florida State House
- Florida State Senate
- President of the United States
- One Race Human
One Race Human
- Department of Anthropology Washington State University
Prof. Edward H. Hagen
- Executive Director, AAA
Mr. Bill Davis
- Director of Public Affairs, AAA
Mr. Damon Dozier
- President, APAA, Professor USF
Prof. Lorena Madrigal
- President Elect, APAA. Professor UDel
Prof. Karen Rosenberg
- Editor, American Journal of Physical Anthropology
Dr. Christopher B. Ruff
- Anthropology News Digital Editorial Assistant
- Editor, Yearbook of Physical Anthropology Department of Anthropology Univ. Wisc. -Milwaukee
Prof. Trudy R Turner
- Executive Committee AAPA, DPT Program Duke University
Prof. Andrea b. Taylor
- Executive Committee AAPA, Dept. of Anthropology The Ohio State University
Dr. Debbie Guatelli-Steinberg
- Executive Committee AAPA, School Hum. Evol. Arizona State Univ.
Prof. Brenda J. Baker
- Executive Committee AAPA, Dept. of Anthropology Univ. Texas at Austin
Prof. Anthony Di Fiore
- Department of Anthropology Queens College - CUNY
Prof. Sara Stinson
- Marketing and Communications Manager AAA
- Florida Governor
Please, stop promoting the question 'What race are you?' in any capacity. We all belong to one human race.
Tony Ruiz started this petition with a single signature, and now has 72 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.
Today: Tony is counting on you
Tony Ruiz needs your help with “The world: Please, stop promoting the question 'What race are you?' in any capacity.”. Join Tony and 71 supporters today.