Work Towards a Society Without Money, Scarcity, War or Poverty
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
- The reality of today's world is that about half the worlds population have less purchasing power than $3 dollars a day. No matter where in the world you live, that does not usually do more than simply keep you alive, and for many not even that. Yet our planet has all the resources, technology and people with the right knowledge to provide a thriving life for all of humanity, where scarcity and the lack of access to resources stops causing war, environmental issues and poverty.
- Global economical inequality is out of control:
- In 2014, Oxfam announced that the richest 85 people on the planet share a combined wealth of $110 trillion. The figure was based on Forbes’s rich list 2013, and it equates to 65 times the total wealth of the entire bottom half (3.5 billion) of the world’s population.
- S&P: 60% of countries will be bankrupt within 50 years. Some sixty percent of the world’s economies will be so in debt by 2060 that their debt will be downgraded to “junk” status, effectively bankrupting the countries, says a report from Standard & Poor’s ratings agency. For its study, the S&P looked at all the countries of the OECD — a large grouping of the world’s most advanced economies, including the US and most Western countries, as well as all 32 EU member states and a selection of developing countries, including Brazil, China and India.
How can we solve the issue of ever growing income gaps in the world, and avoid to eventually have an economic collapse? What are our alternatives? We need to deal with the underlying cause of our problems; Scarcity.
- The Venus Project, presented in "The Choice is Ours 2016", suggests an alternative to our current profit, competition and‐money driven society, where the masses would benefit, instead of the few and rich. Rather than a monetary system, it suggests the implementation of a Resource Based Economy.
- It emphasizes that technology and automation should work for society and all people to create abundance and eliminate scarcity, instead of working for companies to create profit. If technology and automation remains mainly to create profit for companies it will result in less and less jobs and overall decrease in most of the world population's purchasing power.
Here are others that support a future in this direction:
- Let's make a better economic system, that benefits everyone, and a truly sustainable future!
Today: Mathias is counting on you
Mathias H needs your help with “The World Governments: Work Towards a Society Without Money, Scarcity, War or Poverty”. Join Mathias and 231 supporters today.